Candy League 2016
It's that time again...The South Bay F.O.R. will be holding registration for its annual girls' Candy League!!
WHEN: This year, you may sign up for Candy League ONLINE! Click HERE to register and pay online. The last day to register will be February 29, 2016. Please note that your regitration is not complete until your payment is processed.
*Sign-ups will also be held on Saturday, February 20, 2016.
WHERE: Gardena Valley Japanese Cultural Institute (GVJCI) in Gardena (Nisei Veteran's Hall). Address: 1964 W. 162nd Street in Gardena.
TIME: 9:00 am - 12:00 noon.
COST: $25 per player (includes a t-shirt for each player to be provided once the league commences). If paying by check, please make it payable to “South Bay F.O.R.”
ELIGIBILITY: Open to any girl from grades 2-7. F.O.R. membership is not required. Prior basketball experience is not required.
1) While you may sign up other players, we will separate teammates so that girls can meet other girls from different teams.
2) Once we reach the quota for each division, you will be placed on a waiting list, so please sign up early.
3) Be prepared to provide the following information for each player: Name, Address, Phone #, Email Address, Current Grade Level, Position(s) Played, # of Years Playing Experience, Current Team(s), Height, T-Shirt Size.
ABOUT CANDY LEAGUE:
1) Games are on Saturdays, gym TBD. Tentative dates for games: April 9 and 16, May 7, 14 and 21, June 4 and 11.
2) Games will consist of two 16-minute running halves.
3) No practices are held and the coaches will generally be F.O.R. girls of high school age who have previously gone through the program.
FORMATION OF TEAMS: Teams will be formed based on the girl's current grade level. Teams consist of combined grade level teams, so for instance, on a single team, you will have older and younger players (usually 2nd/3rd, 4th/5th, and 6th/7th grade girls play together).
***You will receive a call from the coaches prior to the first game.
If you have any questions, please contact Stacy Tomita at email@example.com.