2017 F.O.R. Richard Nishimoto Memorial Scholarship
Information and Instructions
The South Bay F.O.R. Junior Sports Association will award a total of eleven (11) scholarships: eight (8) $1,000 scholarships, one scholarship in honor of Don Tabuchi, one scholarship in honor of Mas Fukai and one scholarship in honor of Mark Ishii, to the graduating seniors who best exemplify outstanding service and academic leadership. The following is a list of application requirements:
1. He/She will graduate in June 2017 having an overall grade point average of at least 3.0. The GPA recognized by this organization is based upon the un-weighted 4.0 maximum. Plus and minus grades are not recognized, nor are extra points given for special college courses taken (i.e. Advanced Placement). GPA’s shall be based on the final grades received in the 9th, 10th and 11th grades and the 1st semester of the 12th grade. An official transcript must be submitted for verification.
2. He/She will have performed at least 40 hours of community service during high school, to any youth sports programs in the South Bay.
3. He/She will submit two letters of recommendation. One letter must be from a qualified school official (any active teacher, administrator, or counselor)and the other from an unrelated adult (i.e. coach, minister, supervisor, etc.).
4. He/She will complete and return: the F.O.R. Scholarship Application and the Permission to Use Image Form. In addition, a wallet sized senior picture (to be used in the tournament booklet and website) must be included in the application package. This photo will not be returned.
5. He/She may take part in an interview conducted by the F.O.R. Scholarship Committee, the date and time to be determined.
Completed applications, forms, senior photo, transcript, and letters of recommendation are due by Friday March 10th. Applications postmarked after March 10th will not be considered. No exceptions. All items should be submitted to:
South Bay F.O.R. Junior Sports Association
Richard Nishimoto Memorial Scholarship Committee
c/o Anne Honda
2250 Silverlake Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90039
F.O.R. Scholarship Application
Permission to Use Image Form
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact:
Anne Honda - firstname.lastname@example.org